World Environment Day is a chance to reconnect with nature and celebrate the places that matter the most to us. It’s our day for the planet. Gather a group of friends to create your own event. You can register it here or join one of over 350 events currently listed and taking place across the globe.
The theme for 2017 is ‘Connecting People to Nature’. We encourage you to go outdoors and appreciate the beauty of your natural surroundings and the need to protect our environment. Once you’re there why not set yourself a challenge:
- Spend an allocated amount of time collecting every piece of litter that you see.
- Identify plant species.
- Consider how your household can have less impact on the environment.
- Venture to the highest, furthest, most remote area of a national park.
- Simply be in awe of what nature has to offer and notice how it supports us.
- Organise a beach clean-up.
- Plant an indigenous tree.
Let’s celebrate together! #WorldEnvironmentDay #WithNature