Terms & Conditions
How to place your order
Order via our online shop This is a great quick and simple option. Add your chosen products to the cart and follow the checkout prompts and choose to either have your order delivered to your door or collect from our JHB and CPT Sales Office.
Phone or Email
Place your order by phone or email. If you have any questions about the products or would like to customize your order in any way, please get in touch.
Our B2B portal is an easy way to order online for large and account holding clients. All your personalised settings and terms are pre-loaded. If you haven’t ordered on the portal yet, contact us and we’ll send your link. You can login to your personalised B2B portal here.
Come into a GREEN HOME Branch
We have branches in Cape Town and Johannesburg where you will see products on display. Look, touch, feel and then decide and purchase in store.
How to place your Custom Order
Unless otherwise stated on your Custom Order quote, custom orders are placed as follows:
- Quote is sent to customer / seen in Extended Range on website.
- Contact us if you would like to place a Customized Order, or order items from the Extended Range.
- The order is confirmed on receipt of a signed pro-forma Invoice and / or a 50% deposit.
- Refer to the pro-forma invoice for details.
- Refer to the quote or pro-forma invoice for the lead time.
- We do not issue refunds on custom orders, or any other products that are not standard stock items.
For orders that are placed via email or phone that are not paid for, we’ll keep your order for you for seven days. If we don’t receive payment during that time, we’ll Credit Note you and add the items back into our stock.
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Electronic Bank transfers (EFTs) in advance of collection or delivery: Please refer to your invoice for our bank details and use your Client Code or Invoice number as a reference. Funds need to clear into our account before your stock can be dispatched. Unfortunately proof of payments are not accepted.
- Snap Scan: Refer to your invoice for the Snap Scan code, or use the one displayed in store.
- Cash payment: on collection from a sales office. (Our drivers do not accept payment on delivery)
- Credit and Debit card: payments in store or via our online shop. Master & Visa Card are accepted. (Unfortunately American Express and Diners Club cards are not accepted).
- Credit and Cheque Cards online: Visa and Mastercard payments for local and international buyers via PayFast. This option can be accessed on our online shop or a link can be emailed to you on request. 24hr notice is required. See full options here: https://www.payfast.co.za/features/payment-methods/credit-cheque-cards.
- Instant EFT via Payfast https://www.payfast.co.za/features/payment-methods/instant-eft (Capitec, FNB, Standard Bank, Absa, Nedbank, Investec, Tyme Bank, African Bank
- We do not accept cheques.
- Contact your sales representative, or firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for an account once you have traded with GREEN HOME for a minimum of 6 months.
- Interest charged on all overdue accounts at a rate of 2% per month, or 24% per annum, in accordance with the National Credit Act 34 of 2005.
Ownership of goods
All goods remain the property of GREEN HOME until full and final payment has been received.
Collection and Delivery
Collection – Standard Stock Items:
Collect your order for free from your local GREEN HOME branch.
- If you come into any of our sales offices – paid for goods will be prepared for collection while you wait.
- If you’ve bought online, over the phone or via email, paid for orders will be ready for collection 24hrs after you have placed your order.
Delivery – Standard Stock Items:
We offer free delivery when your order exceeds a certain value. Contact us or see our Delivery Breakdown Map to find out if you qualify for free delivery. Please note our Delivery Breakdown Map is intended as an indication of our delivery zones, please contact us for a precise delivery cost to your area. Delivery fees for orders below the minimum order value depend on the weight and size of your purchase, and where it needs to be delivered to.
Our delivery lead times are mainly determined by two factors, availability of stock and the delivery address, so delivery times could vary from order to order. Below is an estimated breakdown of delivery lead times based on the zone selected for delivery.
Should your order contain an item that needs to be transferred to the warehouse nearest your delivery address, please allow for an additional 14 – 28 working days for your order to be delivered.
Zone Estimated Delivery Time
(For standard stock in warehouse near you.)
Local 1 – 3 working days
(Cape Town, JHB, PTA)
Outlying 1 – 3 working days
(Regions immediately surrounding Local areas as well as large cities like Bloem, PE, and DBN)
Remote 2 – 5 working days
(Regions that lie further away from our offices and are less frequently travelled to by our courier suppliers.)
Inter Warehouse Transfer 14 – 28 working days
(When stock you’ve selected needs to be transferred between our warehouses.)
Out of Stock and Large Orders
Occasionally we run out of stock of an item. Please contact us to find out when it will be available again or if we have another suitable option for you.
Delivery of Custom Orders
Each order has its own lead time which will be on your quote or proforma invoice.
Please note: it is important to supply correct delivery and contact details. We are only able to make one delivery attempt. If this fails due to incorrect details then it will be the customers’ expense to collect goods or pay for their own collection.
Returns and Refunds
We want you to be 100% happy with your product and will gladly replace stock items within 3 months of invoice date if there’s a fault or a defect.
- We’ll accept returns of standard stock goods if they are unopened and undamaged for up to 3 months from invoice date.
- We cannot accept any opened or used stock for hygienic purposes.
- We do not accept returns or issue refunds on custom orders, items on sale or any other products that are not standard stock items.
- Return of non-defective standard stock to our warehouse must be at the customer’s transport expense.
- We may charge a 15% handling fee on returns.
- We are a registered exporter. Contact us for a quote. VAT is applicable on collections.
- If you export the goods yourself, you can claim the VAT back within 3 months of the export date.
- Email email@example.com for more information.
- VAT applies to all sales within South Africa.
- VAT applies to courier and delivery charges within South Africa.
- We are a VAT vendor. Our VAT number is: 4920245372
- All prices quoted on the website are inclusive of VAT.
E&OE: Errors and Omissions Excepted